Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID homesick: Tons of RAW files to sort/edit
With Qatar crazy working hours schedule, I never had time to even download files from memory cards lately.
I saw this week plenty of COVID patients and I think the inevitable happened.... I got it myself.
Nothing serious and everyone I saw had very mild disease, it's not the same beast as in 2020.
Finally thanks to COVID, I have some time to sort the raw files and maybe edit a few.
I don't use lightroom or image sorting software, I do the whole thing manually , renaming files (while downloading) and sorting into folders with names, then I delete the RAW files for non keepers, keep all the JPG, and move everything to backup.
Get well soon, and yes, archive backlogs are a biatch. I'm (however half-heartedly) sorting through mine, now.
I have literally thousands of photos in the backlog from the past. Out of 47.000 photos in the archive I think I have to cull roughly 10.000...
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
I have a bunch (actually over 2000) from June's Scarlet Sails, and intermittently from some days since then. Thankfully at least the current stuff is more or less culled (but these days I'm shooting a lot less than I used to, because I mostly have a desk job(s) now).
Today I was solicited from too many patients and had to come to work despite fever and cough , COVID test came negative, I am repeating it tomorrow.... the patients I saw almost all had COVID, epidemic is full blown up, Asian cup matches make things even worse.....
There are other nasty things apart from COVID-19 in circulation... Like, the thing that made me cough (with no other symptoms) for over a month.
Take care and be well.