Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I rejoin the system 16 years later...
The Z9 handled the first "serious" shoot today. It went well though unfamiliar controls are still a bane, and it's awkward to change lenses a little, what with having to turn the camera off and on before swapping them (otherwise the adapter remains reporting the aperture of f/1 that doesn't change unless you, you guessed it, turn the camera off and on again). An ergonomic issue of note is the tiny "OK" button that is very hard to push while wearing thick gloves, and I had to wear these because I felt stupidly cold after waiting for 2 hours before the event had started in earnest. (it was just -6 but after 2 hours it was no consolation).

Two more lenses tested to work with the Z9 / Fringer adapter without issue, the Canon 24-70/4 L IS and the Tamron 100-400/4.5-6.3 VC. At this point I'm not expecting any hiccups unless I try something truly exotic, like an electronic MF / USM lens from the dawn of the Canon system (like the 50/1.0 or 200/1.8), or really a very old Sigma lens known for causing errors on more modern bodies. Even the Sigma 14/2.8 has been reined in.

Messages In This Thread
I rejoin the system 16 years later... - by Rover - 11-13-2022, 03:23 AM
RE: I rejoin the system 16 years later... - by Rover - 11-22-2022, 05:38 PM