• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AstrHori 18mm f/8 Shift (FF)
Conceptually pretty neat. I wonder how good or bad it is:

https://www.pergear.com/collections/astr...?ref=YJ3NY

Maybe I'll just try it.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
More brands for the brand god! Smile
I'm "kinda interested" in how their new 85mm f/1.8 AF lens will look... for some reason, everyone and their grandmother's cat now started releasing 85mm f/1.8 AF lenses, even the Chinese producers that have only been making stone-age stuff. I'm well set with the Tamron 85mm f/1.8, of course, but the trend is interesting. Smile
Uups, the link was wrong (corrected).

As for the 85s ... yeah, hyperinflation.

Although TTArtisans has released an AF 27mm f/2.8 - and there's Viltrox and Yongnuo with other AF stuff now as well.

I fear that their QC is lagging lightyears behind, though. But then, few people own a 61mp camera.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I think if something is really wrong with a lens, it doesn't take a 61MP sensor to notice this... (remembering how my decentered Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 L II was acting as a non-adjustable tilt lens even on an 8MP APS-H body... though that was the result of impact against terrain).

Anyway, it's always entertaining to read a review of something odd, like a macro, a TS lens, a fisheye... once in a while. Smile
Seen something similar with a Nikkor 35mm ƒ/2D, even though I never understood what happened (unfortunately I got aware of the proble only after a couple of days of shoots in Burgundy).
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Talk about it... I found the 16-35 was defective after a few days on my trip of a lifetime, in Xinjiang!
Luckily I managed it. Even made an exhibition with these photos.

And going back on topic... pity we never saw any tests of the updated Canon TS lenses.