Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I get macbook air or stick to windows environment ?
It's worth watching some utube third party repair videos if you want to know what sort of repair techniques are required for fault finding and solving issues with modern Apple computers ..... there are some great talented repair guys out there who are geared up for it, you need to be ...... hot gun float solder and desolder techniques, thermal cameras for determining short circuits, microscopes and all sort of other gear plus of course many years of experience of diagnosing problems. 
 Common issues are short circuit micro capacitors found using thermal cameras, 
 spares are often scrounged from other scrapped laptop boards .... I was an electronics engineer for some years but this is another ball game entirely !!

What with Apples reputation of legal battles trying to ban third party repairs and their penchant for quoting outrageous prices for replacing unnecessary components all cited by fresh faced youngsters "groomed by Apple" who prefer to sell you a new one .........
    .... are more than enough reasons to have the longest extension on the guarantee as possible.  

Strangely my now aging HP laptop is still plodding along with just a keyboard and battery change ......

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I get macbook air or stick to windows environment ? - by davidmanze - 12-19-2023, 08:41 AM