Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I get macbook air or stick to windows environment ?
(01-11-2023, 07:50 AM)Klaus Wrote: The effective performance depends on whether the application is running natively on Apple Silicon (GPU/NeuralEngine). DxO does, for instance.

Is that still a thing? Around 2k I had a imac when I worked at Sony. I basically used a windows emulator on it all the time. Hardly any of the software I needed to use ran natively. 

It's been a long time since I used a mac, so take this with a grain of salt. 

I felt windows is more customizable and easier to navigate around. Plus it's easier to get into the nuts and bolts. Apple seemed to me to be more of a do it their way or hit the highway. But I tend to be a super user.

It seems the mac warranties aren't what they used to be. People I know who've had to use the warranty the last few years also had to fork out a sizable sum of cash to get their item fixed or replaced. They're enamored by apple products, fwiw. 

Finally, I'm cheap. I can't see spending extra on an apple anything. The quality and performance isn't outdoing their competitors (not sure it ever did). I'll add that my Dell laptop is 7 years old, heavily used, and never had an issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I get macbook air or stick to windows environment ? - by mike - 12-20-2023, 05:10 AM