Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG DN ART
(05-08-2023, 08:19 AM)toni-a Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 06:39 AM)davidmanze Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 09:51 PM)Klaus Wrote: It's good that you have the discipline to avoid GAS. ;-)

I still love the D500 .... for it's flexibility/rapidity of AF (four modes instantly changeable on the fly) ..... 10 Fps coupled to a bottomless RAW buffer ..... large bright natural OVF with zero lag .... 2.3 million dot rear screen, the feel in the hand is perfect and I like a weighty camera ...... and all that for €1,500 euros?
   without spending five and half grand or so to this day there isn't a ML camera that can match it without adding at least some rolling shutter without  ......
 ...even the R5 suffers from it to some extent when panning
..... 39 milli secs scan rate leaves some tilting in backgrounds when panning quickly ...... humming birds wings bend, etc ..... sorry wim ... Smile   ....  I would need either a Z9 now or  a Z9II  later when it has a higher resolution EVF !
 ...... eye detect is of course very nice, but the D500 has auto area mode which in practice gives a high hit rate on the eye of the bird even when shooting at 600mm at F4 with it's sliver thin DOF ..... Nikon gave the D500 all that they had !!

Of course we know that the only difference between men and boys, is that men have bigger and more expensive toys!  .... so, although I still think like a boy I no longer have the financial reserves of a man ...... so it's there that it is game over  .....

It's not willpower ...... it's can't power !!

As a 7Dmk2 owner I totally agree with Dave except one thing: focus precision, 7D2 is fast and extremely responsive however it lacks precision , using 70-300f4-5.6 all photos are very sharp and in focus, try using a faster lens like 85f1.8 and you will start having slight misses only at large apertures, EOSRP doesn't suffer from precision issues, it tracks very well, however its autofocus takes time to lock on subject.
So still for birds, sports 7D2 is still my obvious choice  for the rest it's EOSRP.
Sony A6000 if now my 5 year old daughter camera with a fixed 16mm prime, a new player Olympus TG5, almost always in my pocket, used at home by 3 year old Dave, on the beach and in the desert it's absolutely awesome.
For outdoors activities aside parks there's nothing but beaches and deserts in Qatar...

There's al Karaana lagoon, it's an ex sewage dumpster that  has been transformed , the foul  water has been treated, it still receives treated sewage water that is clean and safe for use, in Singapore they drink treated water, in Israel they use for irrigation, in extremely rich  Qatar they just use it   to fill desert bird sanctuary lagoon, I am considering a trip there  with 7D2 for shooting 
It's ideal for this: plenty of birds, very few people if any 

https://goo.gl/maps/Rq3SuQHNEhkdj9jx8?co...3&entry=tt

Wish I could join you !!