Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Watches Anyone
I have a Festina. Actually a nice mechanical watch. But I have free money I need to spend and only a limited number of items I can spend it on.

Honestly, I'm really surprised where smartwatch technology is, not where you'd think for the price of these watches. Beyond that, the reviews are more concerned about what watch faces you can choose, what color watch bands are available, and what music apps you can put on it. Then you dig looking for what I consider the important items like these:

1. Can you receive notifications and reply to them. Most receive notification, many you can't respond.
2. Can you receive and make calls. Some not at all, some you can receive and answer but can't make a call, and some do both.
3. Does it have (Google maps) and can it navigate. IOW, if I'm walking around somewhere on vacation can I find and get turn by turn directions by foot to get to a restaurant by asking may watch? Just because it has GPS doesn't mean it can do this. Most these watches only have the capability to map your run after you're done.
4. Can the battery last more than a day? Battery life is the Achilles tendon of smart watches. IMO, as a wearable, I don't want to have to take it off during the day to top off the charge.
4.5. A nicety is if it has Google Wallet or iPay.

Surprisingly, most of the watches can't do all the above. The fitness watches, Garmin/Fitbit, have ok battery life but miss on other features. A $500 Garmin doesn't have maps and can't navigate. The Samsungs do everything but lack batter life (interestingly, by the reviews if you get through the day with moderate use they call it great battery life).

*RANT*

Youtube really needs to add some sort of feeedback/rating for the user to use. Most of the reviews I tried watching should be paying me! They're that bad. This doesn't even include the bait and switch vids. I should be allowed to click a button that negates that I looked at the video and consequently deprives the poster of making any money. This is the only way I can see getting rid of all the nonsense and force the people to do this away.

Messages In This Thread
Smart Watches Anyone - by mike - 03-19-2023, 09:02 PM
RE: Smart Watches Anyone - by Klaus - 03-19-2023, 09:48 PM
RE: Smart Watches Anyone - by mike - 03-20-2023, 01:35 AM
RE: Smart Watches Anyone - by Klaus - 03-20-2023, 11:08 PM
RE: Smart Watches Anyone - by Rover - 03-20-2023, 11:39 PM
RE: Smart Watches Anyone - by davidmanze - 03-21-2023, 12:21 PM
RE: Smart Watches Anyone - by mike - 03-21-2023, 03:16 PM
RE: Smart Watches Anyone - by Klaus - 03-21-2023, 10:09 PM
RE: Smart Watches Anyone - by mike - 03-22-2023, 12:50 AM
RE: Smart Watches Anyone - by Klaus - 03-22-2023, 01:18 AM