Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While Dpreview is still limping, suddenly imaging resource went away.
Without prior notice, suddenly the website isn't there anymore....
(05-09-2023, 06:04 AM)toni-a Wrote: Without prior notice, suddenly the website isn't there anymore....

I was browsing DPR when I wanted to look at the OL review of an old lens ...... 

yes, it's still there !!

edit: I completely misread the title ......
It doesn't work for me. I suppose it's a technical glitch.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
IR has been virtually dead for a while, I thought?

With all the paywalls popping up, it seems to the classic web is rapidly declining.

Social networks always had the plan to serve as a closed internet within the public internet.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
DPR has posted a message on IR:
https://www.dpreview.com/news/9097452022...-new-owner

So another new owner, and no idea what they are doing currently.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
A big DON'T for media platforms that have large audience is to be off, simply you lose your audience.....
Dunno what are they thinking...
I don't see the point of buying it only to kill it off, so here's hoping it's pending rebranding and relaunch.

Of course if it was a part of a package deal and the buyer was actually going for something else (and didn't care about IR itself), it's a different matter altogether.

As for DPR, I prefer it to exist even if the turnaround has slowed drastically (and it has). Makes one more bit of my life seem normal.
IR is now redirecting to OP...

... and old links to reviews haven't been preserved. Dodgy
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
That is incredibly stupid, only a great move to lose a lot of fans.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
And they only have 3 free articles. Oh... Well.