Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTArtisan T&S 100mm f/2.8 macro 2x announced
https://www.ttartisan.com/?list_9/TS-100-Macro.html

Tilt-Shift plus 2x macro ... for less than $400 ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
12-blade circular apertures.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Tilt and shift lenses are supposed to cover a larger area than specified to compensate for the tilt and shift, this one doesn't seem to do that, they said it clearly : vignetting in GFX, vignetting during tilt and shift on full frame, no vignetting on APS-C and MFT, so it's basically an APS-C tilt and shift lens that can be used as normal lens on full frame, expect poor edges quality...
Poor edges for sure, but for macro — even tilted — it's very unlikely you need them sharp. I'd rather like to see the kind of bokeh quality at edges.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
(05-16-2023, 02:05 PM)stoppingdown Wrote: Poor edges for sure, but for macro — even tilted — it's very unlikely you need them sharp. I'd rather like to see the kind of bokeh quality at edges.

If you are using the tilt ahd shift function, you do need them sharp simply because the area covered by the border of the lens might come closer to the center of the sensor, so what should be normally on the borders will be at the center.
Now let's suppose you will be using it as a normal macro lens, without tilt or shift, in my humble experience the Bokeh for macro is something and the bokeh for portraits is another thing, for macro shots my Canon 100mm macro has a lovely creamy bokeh, one of the best I have seen, for portraits bokeh is very good but not as good as the bokeh with macro, just my own experience
Their examples illustrating vignetting were shot at 2:1, and it's gone at 1:1.

A 100mm f/2.8 is a simple being. I'd actually expect it to be rather sharp.

Of course, at just $400, you have to manage expectations to some degree.

(05-17-2023, 11:31 AM)Klaus Wrote: Their examples illustrating vignetting were shot at 2:1, and it's gone at 1:1.

A 100mm f/2.8 is a simple being. I'd actually expect it to be rather sharp.

Of course, at just $400, you have to manage expectations to some degree.

By tilting or shifting, it is normal that there will be vignetting on one side.          The degree of vignetting depends on the different magnifications (No vignetting when used on X-mount and M43-mount cameras)

those are the exact words of the manufacturer and they are not related to magnification
"By tilting or shifting, it is normal that there will be vignetting on one side."

This is normal for all TS lenses.

e.g. https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/rok...tting.html

(05-18-2023, 07:00 AM)Klaus Wrote: "By tilting or shifting, it is normal that there will be vignetting on one side."

This is normal for all TS lenses.

e.g. https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/rok...tting.html

I am afraid that what they call "vignetting" is totally black areas, like when they say elsewhere that using a circular fisheye on a full frame sensor will come with "Edges vignetting "