Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement 7D Mark II mode dial cover
My 7D Mark II body somehow got loose from the 70-200 and fell to the ground. The mode dial cover came off and for the life of me was not able to find it anywhere nearby. Now I need a cover. The mode dial itself seems OK. Looking around the internet, I can't seem to find mode dial cover for the 7D Mark II. There seem to be plenty for the 5D Mark III and the classic 7D, but nothing for the 7D Mark II.

Does anyone know where I can buy this cover? I called Canon and the best they can do is replace the whole dial for upwards of $250.

Looking for this, but for the 7D Mark II:

http://www.cameraspareparts.co.uk/mode-d...8750-p.asp

HELP!
Fellow PZ users,

bare in mind that a link posted by someone who is making a first post remotely related to photography (although on a lenstest site...) can also do harm to your PCs - even if the lens cover of his avatar has an Apple on (must be one of the good ones, no?) Posted exactly 5:00 in the morning... Might be all harmless and even believable and if your PC is already part of one or more botnets, who cares...  Wink

Silly post, JoJu.

Dear iSilentP, don't mind above rant.

To your quest: I wonder if the mode dial plate of the 5D mk III is the same as that of the 7D mk II? It has the same shape, symbols and symbol spacing:

7D mk II

[Image: 368729-canon-eos-7d-mark-ii-mode-dial.jpg]

5D mk III

[Image: ZTECHMODEDIAL.JPG]

Check in a store and see if the diameters are the same. If they are, I would chance it and order one if I were you.

So, you might want to just get one of those to try. Not sure from which country you are, but ordering from China on ebay is very cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mode-Dial-Bo...SwaB5XkesF

Here from the US via ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIAL-MODE-PLATE-...Swq7JT-k7N

You're such an idiot, BC... As if you never heard of any honeytraps.

"Not sure from which country you are,..." Cleveland. http://photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camer...nified_p=1

Same post. Multiple sites, why not.

you are the idiot, JoJu. Someone trying to find help on two appropriate websites? What a strange concept.

Sorry if I offended anyone by cross-posting. Maybe I should have called out the "cross-post" aspect of my inquiry.  Bottom line is I am somewhat desperate and looking for help and thought I'd reach out to as many channels as I possibly could to cover most broad audience. I have received multiple responses from my cross-posting on other sites.  

Brightcolours: Thank you for your support and reply. I am from the US (Ohio).

I figure the least I can do is provide an update in case other forum members have the miss-fortune of being in the same predicament.

Besides cross-posting, I sent emails to vendors inquiring about the part.  One response from cameraspareparts.co.uk -- a parts distributor/wholesaler that stated, "We regret to inform you mode dial cap or mode dial does not come separate.  It's part of top cover." It is unfortunate that Canon is not able to sell just the cover plate.

One respondent on another forum compared his 5DM3 dial with that of his wife's (7DM2) and reported back that there is a slight difference in diameter--the 5D being a slight bigger.

I also sent email to an eBay seller that had the 5DM3 dial and he responded that he does not have in stock today, but will have one over the next few days.  Based on all the responses so far, I think I will wait for that vendor to get back to me and take my chances there.  My hopes are not very high based on response cameraspareparts.  Keeping my fingers crossed…

I will try and report back the details of what worked and didn't so others may someday benefit from my efforts.

PS. Now that I have a total of two posts on the forum, maybe I will be taken more seriously. ;-)

I also updated my profile with more information about me.

Welcome to PZ iSilentP

It's very friendly here, I am sure you will enjoy if you do love good lenses
Quote:Welcome to PZ iSilentP

It's very friendly here, I am sure you will enjoy if you do love good lenses
Thanks Toni-a!. I have and love quite a few Canon L lenses. That's the main reason why I have not been able to make the complete transition to Fuji mirrorless.  In fact, I sold my 5D Mark III about a year ago (which left me with just 7DM2 and 30D--both cropped sensor. Re-thought the move and decided that being only left with cropped sensor bodies, I was not getting the full bang-for-the-buck value out of all that fabulous L glass. So I re-purchased the 5D M3 about a week or so later.  Even with the M4 being announced, I will stick with the M3 as there is not quite enough appeal to warrant the upgrade.  At least not for me.
If I were in your shoes I would have just got EFS17-55f2.8 IS for 7D, believe me it's an amazing combo.

Anyway 5Dmk III is an amazing camera your money is not wasted especially at the current selling prices