Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samyang autofocus lenses coming for Nikon and Canon
Quote:Well with chinese giants coming, all manufacturers should have very hard competition. Starting with primitive manual focus lenses then it will be high end lenses.

I don't think Samyang will ba able to survive in the upcoming years if they don't improve their products, the emerging Chinese manufacturers will eat them alive
This. If they don't get there first, the Chinese will.

Quote:Well with chinese giants coming, all manufacturers should have very hard competition. Starting with primitive manual focus lenses then it will be high end lenses.

I don't think Samyang will ba able to survive in the upcoming years if they don't improve their products, the emerging Chinese manufacturers will eat them alive
  I'm not sure if being a Korean company puts Samyang in a worse position than if it was in China, their products are not at all low quality, just that they are manual focus. The change to AF will put them in a much better position, "if" they can keep a rein on their pricing, in effect it takes them out of being in a niche market!

Quote:  I'm not sure if being a Korean company puts Samyang in a worse position than if it was in China, their products are not at all low quality, just that they are manual focus. The change to AF will put them in a much better position, "if" they can keep a reign on their pricing, in effect it takes them out of being in a niche market!
For me Chinese isn't synonym for low quality, the guys are evolving fast, anyone can have good quality control if he wants to.

Mitakon and laowa are good examples, their ambitions are high, they have a tremedeous local market they can dominate, not only Samyang but also the big names should start preparing for a ferocious competition coming from there