Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony FE 28-60mm Review Request
Question 
Hi There
Thank you for all the work you do.

I own this lens that comes as kit for the A7C series and I have not found any decent test online

I was wondering if you would be testing this lens as it is quite widespread and makes sense as kit though as individual purchase maybe not so?
Eventually, I will test it, but I really have to catch up on some other stuff first.

I suspect that the results wouldn't be overly flattering ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(01-06-2024, 11:51 PM)Klaus Wrote: Eventually, I will test it, but I really have to catch up on some other stuff first.

This lens has a strong reputation from what I can see the edges are weak wide open however midrange it is pretty good
Will wait for you to do it
(01-06-2024, 11:51 PM)Klaus Wrote: Eventually, I will test it, but I really have to catch up on some other stuff first.

"Not overly flattering" would probably be a good way of describing something like the 24-240. :-)

I've seen the local AP photographer use the 28-60 (on an A1 no less). If it's good enough to be used by AP, then it's probably not entirely hopeless. :-) (in case you wonder; he also had 12-24G, Tamron 70-300 E... and a pair of A1s...)
(01-09-2024, 09:14 AM)Rover Wrote:

"Not overly flattering" would probably be a good way of describing something like the 24-240. :-)

I've seen the local AP photographer use the 28-60 (on an A1 no less). If it's good enough to be used by AP, then it's probably not entirely hopeless. :-) (in case you wonder; he also had 12-24G, Tamron 70-300 E... and a pair of A1s...)

We use the 28-60 in a housing for underwater photos

This is an example
[Image: 20230625_mf207731_sway-1.jpg]