Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a camera with high resolution
Hello there,

This is my first post after just joining this discussion, so please forgive me and provide kind assistance if I have posted to the wrong subsection! 

I am Looking for a Nikon camera with high resolution and advanced autofocus capabilities.

I wish for a DSLR or mirrorless model as the Budget is flexible to be honest but seeking the best value for professional-grade photography."
Frankly resolution and autofocus aren't issues anymore, anything would work. What about z50 plus 16-50 ?
If money is no limit, the obvious answer would be a Nikon Z8.

If sheer AF capabilities are the priority regardless of the system, it wouldn't be Nikon but the Sony A9 III.

If it should be a combination of reasonable costs combined with good AF and Nkon, you should wait for the Nikon Z6 III which should be coming out very soonish.

Forget about DSLRs - they don't have subject detection AF.

But there are shades of grey here - what are "advanced autofocus capabilities" in your book?
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(02-10-2024, 08:48 AM)roberrtt Wrote: Hello there,

This is my first post after just joining this discussion, so please forgive me and provide kind assistance if I have posted to the wrong subsection! 

I am Looking for a Nikon camera with high resolution and advanced autofocus capabilities.

I wish for a DSLR or mirrorless model as the Budget is flexible to be honest but seeking the best value for professional-grade photography."

Hi Robberrt, 
  ...... before jumping into any sort of camera recommendation, what will be your intended categories of photography ?? 
   I ask that because you state that you need "high resolution" and "advanced" AF which already puts you towards sports/action/wildlife + landscapes.... these categories put the highest demands on equipment .... portrait and general photography not so much.
  If it's Nikon you want however, the Z8 will cover those needs and much more including comprehensive video ...... 

so a little more information would help us steer you in the right direction ....