Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plate with fastening belt?
In these day I'm exercising with long exposures on the beach. I'm hiking along a seaside path with fences, that I use as a support for the camera body by means of the Miggo Splat mini-tripod (a sort of Gorilla tripod). But these days there's a strong wind and the Miggo Splat can't clamp steadily on the fence. I don't want to carry along the tripod because of weight. Today I was thinking that a plate clamped to a belt that could be fastened to the fence would be optimal. Do you know whether such a product exists?

Thanks.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Well there's a lot of flexible tripods out there to show some examples

https://fixthephoto.com/best-flexible-tripod.html

My experience with them was rather disappointing....
A monopod isn't much heavier and would do the same, you can plant it in sand, there are some monopods with three legs bases , but also they are not stable.
if you insist on standard stabilization I would go for the monopod... When I used to hike in Lebanon, I had a hiking rod on the top of which I had a camera mount screw, that was super practical (and free)
What I am doing now ? I stopped all the tripod things altogether. With my RF 35mm I am easily getting sharp images at 2 seconds exposure. With IBIS combined I can go even further.
Also you can take several exposures and blend them to simulate longer exposure. like this guy does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLgHZFgwcWI
My EOS RP can even do it for me: I put in HDR mode, narrow the dynamic range I want (unless I really need High dynamic range) use Tv or M mode and press the shutter button... Of course you don't have RAW images but the JPGs tend to be quite good.
Miggo Splat .....  really? 

I struggle to think that title would encourage purchasers ........ Smile
I also have a monopod, which is good for sharp images and shutter speed near/slightly below the safe values, even with very long tele lenses. But it's not useful for long exposures, especially those in the range of seconds.

I've taken hundreds of sharp images with Miggo Splat, which is very useful in many scenarios, for instance when there's no wind and in particular when shooting from the ground. Still yesterday, while it failed most of times, it allowed me to take a few long exposure shots just leaning on a fence with a wide top cover, in a rare moment with no wind.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
I've found this:

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0C5R7FRL5/

It's made to clip to a strap, but it should be ok. A bit heavy (150g), but alternatives that weight 50% are 4/5 times more expensive.
stoppingdown.net