•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS M5 announced
Quote:This is what you wrote: "But others apparently say they find high DR important, and for those the impact of lower DR due to use of full electronic shutter will be an issue."

Where is the proof to this general statement ? My point, which you keep ignoring, is that Fuji and Olympus don't suffer from this.

Oh and I only wish my daughter was always posing!
"Maybe Olympus and Fuji have fast enough read out for 12 receptively 14 bits, but the Sony sensors apparently do not, nor does the GH4 which drops from 12 to 10 bits."

That is what I wrote. Going on about it as if I ignored what you wrote is just trolling. Not sure why you do that, though.
Why didn't you simply write: "Maybe Olympus and Fuji have fast enough read out for 12 receptively 14 bits, but the Sony sensors apparently do not, nor does the GH4 which drops from 12 to 10 bits."

I'm not sure what you meant by "receptively". In your original sentence I understood that on Oly and Fuji you only get 12 out of 14 bits.

--Florent

Flickr gallery
A bit kafkaesque this thread or the reactions to what I write.

1st it gets written by someone that he hopes it (M5) has a full electronic shutter. Because the shutter of the M3 is "really poor". Claims it will have significant shutter slap. 

All the while, all EOS M cameras have an electronic 1st curtain.

Then, when explaining electronic shutters without global shutters (rolling shutter, lower DR for various reasons) all this gets refuted too, for no apparent reason other than wanting to disagree.
Again... BC Thinks he is right even when he sis wrong, and he must have the last word - what is your problem BC? 

Quote:Why didn't you simply write: "Maybe Olympus and Fuji have fast enough read out for 12 receptively 14 bits, but the Sony sensors apparently do not, nor does the GH4 which drops from 12 to 10 bits."

I'm not sure what you meant by "receptively". In your original sentence I understood that on Oly and Fuji you only get 12 out of 14 bits.
That is veery weird, that you understood that from what I wrote.

What I wrote means: Olympus being fast enough to maintain 12 bits read out, Fuji being fast enough to maintain 14 bits read out.

re·spec·tive·ly

<div style="font-size:large;">rəˈspektivlē/

<div><i>adverb</i>

<ol class="">[*]

<div style="margin-left:20px;">
<div style=";">
<div>separately or individually and in the order already mentioned (used when enumerating two or more items or facts that refer back to a previous statement).
"they received sentences of one year and eight months, respectively"

</div>
</div>
</div>

</ol></div>
</div>
Quote:Again... BC Thinks he is right even when he sis wrong, and he must have the last word - what is your problem BC? 
Where have I been wrong, oh trolling Goran?

Is it wrong that the M3 does not suffer from shutter shock? No.  Is it wrong that the M series has an electronic 1st curtain and a mechanical 2nd curtain? No. Is it wrong that full electronic shutters have rolling shutter issues, and that implementing global shutters is not that simple yet, so these cameras do not have those yet?  No.

Where was I "wrong"? Oh wait, you just wanted to jump on the beat up brightcolours band wagon again.

I was wrong in remembering remembering the A7R had IBIS, it does not. Its shutter shock issue comes from a rather rough 1st curtain shutter.

Quote: 

That is veery weird, that you understood that from what I wrote.

What I wrote means: Olympus being fast enough to maintain 12 bits read out, Fuji being fast enough to maintain 14 bits read out.

re·spec·tive·ly

<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">
<div style="font-size:large;">rəˈspektivlē/

<div><i>adverb</i>

1. <div style="margin-left:20px;">
    <div>
    <div>separately or individually and in the order already mentioned (used when enumerating two or more items or facts that refer back to a previous statement).
    "they received sentences of one year and eight months, respectively"

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

</div>
</div>

</div>

Looks like you need to read what you wrote again.

respectively != receptively

Perhaps you should look up the word "humility"  ^_^
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:Looks like you need to read what you wrote again.

respectively != receptively

Perhaps you should look up the word "humility"  ^_^
Oh no, I made a typo. The horror!
Except that "receptive" is actually a proper word.

"Receptively" is not and unfortunately I'm not a mind reader.

You know: it's okay to admit a mistake. You'll survive  Big Grin

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Just to come to a solomonic end of this thread - the M5 will sell like hot cakes ... because it's a Canon and regardless of its capabilities. The other Ms were already very successful in Asia and this camera will push it further.

However, that's Ok for the world. Life will go on. ;-)

•  Previous
  • 9(current)