•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS M5 announced
And most f the time are not 4K Wink

When looking at vimeo or so, the really good videos seem to have quite some efforts behind them.[/quote]

Klaus, I can't agree more...

If you haven't looked at the one Zeiss used to promote their new 21-100mm please do. Very well done.
No headphone socket??

One of the problems with Canon is they don't want to compete with their dedicated video cameras, all the stabilized blah blah blah and there's no headphone socket! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1ekihjynx0
Dave's clichés
Where is the headphone socket on the Sony A6000 and A6300? And the Panasonic GX8?

Lets be a little serious, these cameras are not meant for professional video outfits. They are made to be compact for consumers.

Is this defense talk BC?  

Canon publicize the video features, 2X image stabilization, PDCD AF,  a 10 cent headphone socket?
Dave's clichés
Quote:Is this defense talk BC?  

Canon publicize the video features, 2X image stabilization, PDCD AF,  a 10 cent headphone socket?
And Sony does not publicise the video features?

Again, these cameras are not designed with serious filmers in mind. Normal customers who like to shoot some video once in a while don't go around monitoring audio levels, and the real estate on these cameras (EOS M5, A6000, A6300, GX8, even the "much" bigger Fuji X-T2) is limited. None have a headphone socket.
Well if you check the eyepiece it is removable dunno if this makes any sense with a mirrorless camera.

On Canon SLR cameras the eyepiece is removable there's a small rubber rectangle attached to the strap which, if you take off the eye cup, slides right over the viewfinder to block extraneous light from coming in, this is very important for long exposure.

On mirrorless you don't need it and thus you don't need a removable eyepiece 

I have lost several times the eyepiece and I wouldn't be happy to have an eyepiece that is prone to fall

[Image: tecbas_cap.jpg]

Those eye pieces are cheap and easy to swap, also for different shapes and other things.

they always fall off for me. Probably because I wear the strap across me.

Actually the Fuji's XT-2 headphone socket is on the grip! 

My three DSLRs which are not renowned for great video, have one, the  D7100/D750 and even the K3.. it's useful especially when there is a lot of background noise!

I'm nothing like a serious videotog but I still want a headphone socket, you just put one in and that's that, total cost almost nothing, you don't defend not having one!
Dave's clichés

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next