Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the influence of marketing and brand name a fogotten feature becomes a hit
Well it was about the RAW feature that was forgotten and considered non relevant on a phone till it appeared on iPhone. Very likely we will see a surge of interest in RAW which is a very positive thing
The Lumia 1020 had a high rsolution sensor wihich was very noisy and RAW did not have much headroom, I seem to remember? Something like 38mp? Not handy on a phone?

Maybe I remember it wrong.

If Apple brings in RAW, you can be very sure there is also support for RAW within the OS and the iOS, Tony. This is the difference to Windows where you need drivers for everything - and the last Windows 10 update or Service pack killed a couple of laptop webcams, which are no longer supported.

Stuff like that is what makes me wanna be (well)paid to invest my nerves on Windows machines.  :ph34r:

Haha.  <_<

Only hours after my last post I learnt the update of iOS 10 also sent a lot of devices into recovery mode. GREAT done, Apple, finally you're on par with sucking updates with Microsoft.

:lol:

Quote:Haha.  <_<

Only hours after my last post I learnt the update of iOS 10 also sent a lot of devices into recovery mode. GREAT done, Apple, finally you're on par with sucking updates with Microsoft.

:lol:
To nuance that story... The update process had an issue for a brief time, failing the complete the process. It since has been resolved.
I never use my phone for photography only pictures I take with my phone are for x rays, here any phone with camera will do , only apps I use are for browsing, and navigation, I also use PowerPoint with screen mirroring for conferences on my phone I can correct my presentation and edit it. I will never pay more than 200$ for a phone. So windows phone was my obvious choice with offline "here maps" and the dirt cheap price.

Don't think I am a brand fanatic, I would happily get an iPhone it is offered at a competitive price and I do need a new phone. For the time being I have absolutely no intentions of upgrading even to another windows phone whatever the offer is
I had a Windows phone but it was too awkward to use. Somethings just didn't make sense, maybe it's me.

When the wife got herself the iPhone 6s I got her 4 year-old iPhone 4s. I looked up how to replace the battery on YouTube and now I couldn't be happier. Well, maybe the 7 plus would put a smile on my face but I digress.

Anyway, you can pick up a decent iPhone 4s 32GB and new battery for around 100€.

If you have other Apple devices and the phone rings, even if you don't know where the phone is you can answer the call on your Mac, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch. As long as the phone is on the same wifi, of course. Pretty handy if the phone is being charged inside the house and you are browsing the Net in your backyard.
Well I am quite happy with my Lumia 640 XL, its big screen is very handy for conferences, Miracast is a must for me.

If you are interested in making me use iPhone, my birthday is in 3 weeks, will give it a try and I might switch if it proves more practical
Sorry, Toni-A, iPhones are strictly only for the illuminated Apple fanboys and fangirls. So, no gift, but all the best for your birthday, always good nerves to face a Windows phone and hey, I'm using a super dumb Nokia Asha200, 'cause I'd simply hated if my phone is smarter than me. I know where the OFF-switch hides...  B)

Apple are rarely the first to do anything, if ever. What they are good at, is being the first to do it well enough to gain traction. The growth of the modern era Apple is a good example of that. They weren't the first with an mp3 player. They weren't the first music store. They were the first to get them working well, and together. Similarly with the iPhone. I'd argue outside those areas... they're stagnating along with the rest of the tech world but they have enough momentum to do pretty much what they want. If you look at individual parts of Apple, they're really not special. Where they succeed beyond all others is being able to market it.

At least they mostly stopped making stupid statements about their Mac performance since they moved to Intel.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.