Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
photography paper prices to the rise due to low demand
Fuji just announced a rise in the price of the photography paper due to low demand, I expect others to follow.

Too bad people are taking more pictures yet they are printing less and less.

As a printing oriented guy (and I print a lot, almost on daily basis) I didn't like the news, it's more rewarding to finalize your work  and have it printed and hang your prints or hand them to people who will appreciate them, than the photography job itself, choosing your media, your framing all of this are part of the process we are missing.

What's the point of all those megapixels if our screens can show at best 4K (or 8k for the very best ones)

What's the point of taking all those pictures if they will end up on a hard drive somewhere ?

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0472038798...in-october

Fuji has been raising the prices on everything lately. Their film stock have been either discontinued or raised into impractical prices. Instax are already quite expensive. Their X series stuff still have reasonably good value but even their prices are climbing upwards.

Quote: 

What's the point of all those megapixels if our screens can show at best 4K (or 8k for the very best ones)

What's the point of taking all those pictures if they will end up on a hard drive somewhere ?

The point is to pixel-peep at 400%.

You can enjoy an ebook just as much or even more than a printed version.

But yes, I'm not happy about the price increases either.