Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikkor AF-S 105mm f1.4E ED to be announced soon
Quote:But we're still doing the same mistake, aren't we? Outside plastic, inside (invisible) metal = "crap". Outside metal, inside plastic = "great mechanical quality".

Horseshit!
Very true.

I've heard that the vaunted "all metal" Tokinas of the recent vintage are exactly like the latter case you described: sturdy looking on the outside (enough to make the likes of Ken Rockwell sing them praise), but very flimsy on the inside, with tiny plastic screws and hooks holding all that (superficial) glory in one piece. A colleague dropped her Tokina zoom once, and it turned into a prime of two chunks held together by gaffer tape until she did something to it.

Regarding the lens at hand, I hope Markus can do an evaluation sometime. Smile (but from the Nikon side of life, I would also like to see the 24/1.8 reviewed - just for fun).

Messages In This Thread
Nikkor AF-S 105mm f1.4E ED to be announced soon - by davidmanze - 07-27-2016, 05:39 AM
Nikkor AF-S 105mm f1.4E ED to be announced soon - by Studor13 - 07-27-2016, 06:06 AM
Nikkor AF-S 105mm f1.4E ED to be announced soon - by Rover - 07-27-2016, 07:08 AM