Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a tripod head for vertical shots??? Please help!!! :)
I am looking for a tripod head for vertical shots. Do you have any recommendations? My head can't support my camera with heavy lens attached to it while the camera is in the vertical position.

Please help!!!

If your head can't support what the mount of your camera has to carry, the first problem appears to be this head.

If you use quick release clamps in Arca-Swiss style, you might look for an "L-plate". That's available from different manufacturers, see also (since you're base in US) at B&H just to get you an idea.

Thanks so much! L brackets are expensive + I have an additional photography gear to carry. Is there any tripod head which can support my camera?

Hi Haring, here is something useful:

http://www.acratech.net/ballheads/ultima...p-ballhead
Quote:L brackets are expensive

Ummm....

I got the D800 for 2800€ when it first came out. Today they go for under 1500€. An “expensive” L-bracket is the least of my problems. They last forever!

Anyways, I have a Manfrotto MS050M4-Q2. This video here uses the RC4 quick release (I have the RC2) but you get the drift.

They are about 130€ on Amazon.

If you shoot a lot in the vertical position they are definitely worth it.

It's not just about the tripod head holding the gear. It's also about how you can position the camera in the vertical position. That is, regardless of how good the head is, you might not be able to make the perfect composition that you want as the head in the V position limits the rotation of the camera.

Awesome! Thanks so much!

No offense, Studor 13, but the Manfrotto L-plate is the soviet solution - ugly, big, cumbersome, indestructible. I liked the RC4 plates a lot, if you need some, just tell me - but this thing is huge and covers all interfaces on the left camera side. Not that wedding photos need them, but it would be worth to look in Amazon for "mengs L-plate" They go for less than 130€  Wink But you get what you pay for: They claim "Arca Swiss compatible", but only if you use a clamp with a screw. The click clamps like FLM or Arca originals are a different story

I ended up ordering a very sturdy tripod head capable of holding my camera.