Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hasselblad mirrorless out soon

For all those who want ultimate details this is your way to go

[Image: hasselblad-x1d-leak-0.jpg?quality=95&w=1024]

Big Grin

Been using my MFT system more and more lately. I seem to be moving towards lighter stuff, weight wise. The camera may be a lot lighter than other MF cams, but the lenses are likely to be just as big, cumbersome and heavy.

Very clever move fo Hasselblad, however.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Something new finally (rather than Sony copies)

Leaf shutter - nice
At least the Leica SL can lose the claim of the most expensive mirrorless camera out there (and for no good reason). This one, however, is a whole different caliber and... I'm not quite knowledgeable about MF prices, but isn't it a relative bargain for that sector?

No, a Pentax is less costly and has more lenses. The back is not interchangeable, which makes a 9k$ body a bit of a dead end for people who want more than 50MP in a couple of years. 

I think the whole concept of a 'back' has been turned on its head here as there is no additional body, I think it seems like a good deal when the equivlent 50Mpix digital back (http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-hasse...k/p1569261) retails for about the same.

The original retail price for the pentax wasn't far off at £6800, so they are not in a totally different league here. Also you cant change the back on the Pentax either.

Agreed about the limited lens selection, presumably more will follow...

Of all the camera types surely medium format is the best candidate for mirrorless?

It makes a lot of sense for MF on so many levels. The mirror box is really a limitation. Nobody needs blazing fast tracking in the MF world 😂
--Florent

Flickr gallery
I think, a lot of MF are already shot without mirrors, if they have one or not. Tethered shooting was the way to go digital, before there were DSLRs. The first still camera I tried was connected by FireWire to a PowerMac and just lens and some body around a sensor, no finder whatsoever, 2MP and maybe 30-40 k$. And if one watches from time to time Phase One clips, a lot of photogs use laptops in the field, just to see more and control sharpness better.

If I see professionals working with Leaf backs and Mamiya/PhaseOne bodies, or Sinar, or Silvestri, or Alpa, whatever, I'm not quite sure how this machine fits in - but I think, in a fashion shooting, when one "only" wants huge color depth and resolution (*) for big covers, this Hasselblad will be the lightest handheld MF around and a pleasure to use.

(*) and not fast fps, high ISO, quick AF, because most of the time models can keep their poses.

I think it will be good for wedding photographers who want to use strobes outside but cant be dealing with the hassle of a traditional MF rig. Certainly being able to over power the sun with my x100t with a small speedlite is difficult to let go off.