Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First curtain shutter to change bokeh (with the MC-11)?
It's almost at the end of this review:

http://www.dsphotoblog.com/?p=1769

I think I'm not understanding the thing... at all.  :blink:

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
The camera has IS on the sensor. The 1st curtain shutter gives such a slap that the sensor moves, and it not being central anymore gives the difference in bokeh.

Strange report. He says the adapter has an USB connector for it's own firmware. To me, it would be logical that if I buy such an adapter, I can use it instead of the dedicated dock from Sigma to update my lenses as well, but he does not tell a thing about he DID update them. At the time he put his report online, there were couple of updates available for his 24/1.4 and 150-600 Sports as well.
Still don't get it!

Tony Northrup has done review on this adapter on utube, he talks about FW.

Quote:Strange report. He says the adapter has an USB connector for it's own firmware. To me, it would be logical that if I buy such an adapter, I can use it instead of the dedicated dock from Sigma to update my lenses as well, but he does not tell a thing about he DID update them. At the time he put his report online, there were couple of updates available for his 24/1.4 and 150-600 Sports as well.

The Sigma dock comes in five flavours, AFAIK, including Sony A-mount, but not Sony E-mount; thus, the MC-11, which has a Sony E-mount, can't be updated by a dock in any flavour. In a way, it makes sense: Sigma doesn't have native E-mount lenses that support firmware upgrade, so the USB dock for E-mount would only exist to update the MC-11. 

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Quote:The camera has IS on the sensor. The 1st curtain shutter gives such a slap that the sensor moves, and it not being central anymore gives the difference in bokeh.
You'll have to run that by me again BC!

What isn't central? 

Why does it not affect the overall focus and just the bokeh.?
The sensor moves out of its central position because of the shutter "shock" (due to the IS it is not fixed and moves easily), and the image stabilisation system reacting to that.

You get a lesser bokeh courtesy of the in-body IS. 

With in-lens IS and camera shake, you can get a lesser bokeh too.

Quote:The sensor moves out of its central position because of the shutter "shock" (due to the IS it is not fixed and moves easily), and the image stabilisation system reacting to that.

You get a lesser bokeh courtesy of the in-body IS. 

With in-lens IS and camera shake, you can get a lesser bokeh too.
Is that due to the angle perspective change caused by the shutter vibration?
Quote:Is that due to the angle perspective change caused by the shutter vibration?
I don't know what angle perspective change means.  :unsure:

I only know that the sensor has moved from its central position. You can see that clearly on the 2nd example with the red light in the backrgound, the bokeh disc gets cut off much more extreme (mechanical vignetting) even though the lens is the same and the position of the light in the frame is the same.

It is not the adapter that causes that.
Quote:I don't know what angle perspective change means.  :unsure:

You know, it's when you've lost the plot!