Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test review: Zeiss Distagon T* 25mm f/2 ZF.2 (FX)
Another re-test, just to fill the gap for now. Next stop (now really) is the AF-S 20/1.8

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon_ff/894-zeisszf2520ff

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Re-test? Well, only if you count the EOS review of the same lens...

Yes, that's how I meant it

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

I think PZ is the only site that does multiple evaluations of the same lens (model) on different platforms. For most sites, it's a "one and done" approach. I think I've seen up to 3 reviews of the same lens (in Canon / Nikon / Sony mounts Smile) - if anything, it helps to alleviate the "you test not enough samples" complaints. I know some people are upset about that.

To be honest - we are trying to minimize this. Not because we want to but because there are too many new lenses out there.
That's the advantages of lenscore's concept: To skip the proprietary body and make their own sensor working and measuring comparatively. With their scores, one could compare otherwise incomparable "lenses" - but then I still need the body of the brand to make the glass shine on my own pictures.

That's the reason I'm still sticking to PZ. Here one can get a "besides the numbers, the lens looks like..." view.

Quote:To be honest - we are trying to minimize this. Not because we want to but because there are too many new lenses out there.
With third party lenses, this could be very useful. For example, if you had tested Nikon / Sony versions of the lenses (on 24MP) along with the Canon versions (on 50MP), you would've been relieved of the pressure from the users who - like myself - are asking for the tests on "sane" megapixel count bodies along with the "insane" ones. Smile

I wonder how the ZEs might fare on the 5DSR... it's da mighty Zeiss after all! (I'm not in a market for any of those, but I'm always curious to read new reviews - any reviews).

I would ask how does it fair against Nikkor 24/1.8? And maybe Sigma 24/1.4 Art, even its in different class.
Please don't distract Markus.

He has two lenses on his desk that collected more dust than those 150-600mm lenses of mine...
See, that's why you are so cheerful about weather-proof. It's also waiting-proof.

:lol: