Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photozone galleries, nobody is visiting
Hard to explain, a photography site where almost nobody shares pictures or checks them out.

I feel lonely when I scroll in the galleries and comment on picture, or upload pictures, then absolutely no signs of life.

Will keep trying however

I think there isn't any notification in the forum section when new photos are added, like you get when there are new forum posts.

Well, dpreview is dominating "social" photography.

There's nothing we can do about that I'm afraid.

This is a 'family' zone with less action and more attention (I hope).

I think it's understandable: If somebody already has something like a flickr-, 500p-, picasa- or smugmug-account - why should this person take the trouble to upload to a gallery of a lenstest-site?

Well we do have galleries. Why not use them ?

Maybe adding to the forum a category for that, next to just talk, photo discussion or something alike. Why is everyone posting his pictures everywhere but here ?

I prefer getting advice and valuable comments rather than collecting "likes"

There's a friendly atmosphere here and in this atmosphere I would like to discuss and share pictures.
Why is is so hard to post anything here? I wrote something and it disappeared, so I had to go to "option..." Pics are real bad here, yes its a "family zone and I bought new camera today..." Once I tried to upload few pics and couldn't even find upload button. Love this site for tests but needs re-designing!

A good reminder to take a look right away at the gallery. I tend to forget easily....

Kind regards,

Reinier

Quote:This is a 'family' zone with less action and more attention (I hope).

Definitely it is. My preferred one.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.