Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fast sofrware solution for previewing raw files on windows 10
Since I got 750D viewing RAW files has been problematic.

Windows 10 doesn't support natively those files like it does for 5D and 30D.

DPP and DXO are extremely slow.

My only solution for the time being os Canon zoombrowzer however when Iwant to delete a picture I need to go back to thumbnails.

Any easy and fast solution to view RAW files and decide which to process later ?

capacity of zooming to preview focus is a mustg
Hehe, the joys of Windows. Microsoft changed things in Windows 10, and put the RAW codecs in Windows itself, not separate installable codec packs anymore. For some weird reason they don't seem to update for newer cameras, people who do clean Windows 10 installs appear to get updated RAW support, but the normal Windows update routines don't?

Again, glad I have Macs.

But, you can try http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/ if updating Windows 10 does not help.

Well windows  10 is making me crazy: impossible to calibrate the screen, can't view RAW files,, they are going straight against what was their main advantage versus MAC: being customiseable.
 I'm not using Windows 10 although but W7, I may upgrade.......I have just bought a new S/H powerful computer for the demanding needs of CS6, so processing is now quick. 

My old computer has Irfanview for viewing Nikon D750 Nefs, the program can display both a full page of images as well as when clicking on for viewing the image prior to open in Adobe Raw, however it doesn't display PSD files. 

I found that Irfanview meshed in nicely with NX2 ans CS6 making a quick flowing system.

It may take a little time to sort as for some reason as yet I haven't the same facility on the new comp. I must be missing a plug in somewhere.

...Irfanview is free and quick.

Good luck! 

Hmmmm since I have 2 laptops I think I will revert back to windows 7 on one of them this should solve it, especially with windows 10 I have calibrated screen only inside PhotoShop and DPP.

Hope Microsoft will solve this issue soon
The funny thing is I will have so many versions of windows: windows XP on a desktop I use only to store files on its hard drives, mu 4 TB backup, on only when doing backup.

windows 7 on laptop A

windows 8 on laptop B

windows 10 on laptop C

Toni-a,

Try "Faststone image viewer" that shows NEF files from the D7100/D750 both in complete file pages as well as individual blown up images.

It's another free program! 

If you just want to view the files (not convert them),

you could use IrfanView ... it can do two things:

1) It can load the Preview-Jpg that is embedded in a raw ...

this option is very quick ... comes extremly handy, if you want to

flip back and forth in a larger number of raw-files.

2) It can convert the raw-content ... this option is

slow (and the intrinsic converter is not really good).

Other viewers are likely capable of doing the same thing.

Rainer
I use a http://www.fastrawviewer.com/

It's cheap and should have a free trial.