Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Panasonic GX80 / GX85 announced
#1
Seems to be fairly small indeed

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...DLCMl9X7Ww

 


Reference:

http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/cam...-gx80.html

#2
Coming in May .... bleh

 

Australia: 1100 AUD (1200 AUD w/ 12-32mm)

Germany: 700 EUR (body)

USA: 800 US$ (w/ 12-32mm)

UK: 509/599/729 GBP (body/kit/double kit)

#3
In Sweden it can be ordered for about 750 EUR

 

Size seems to be very similar to GX7.

Specs are impressive, except for the short battery life.

Looks really nice, but I miss the tilting viewfinder.

#4
I'm confused about the viewfinder. Is it 16:9 for stills or only for video?


And do you get 4:3 size on the stills image capture or not?


Really nice looking camera though.
#5
Quote:I'm confused about the viewfinder. Is it 16:9 for stills or only for video?


And do you get 4:3 size on the stills image capture or not?


Really nice looking camera though.
The EVF seems to be identical to the GX7 - folks at dpreview do not like it all. Any GX7 users here dare to comment? Klaus?

The first notes by dpreview indicate that it may not feature an electronic first-curtain shutter, which could be a serious issue (shuttershock!). Theoretically such a nice cam - but Pana may have blown it (again).
#6
Quote:The EVF seems to be identical to the GX7 - folks at dpreview do not like it all. Any GX7 users here dare to comment? Klaus?

The first notes by dpreview indicate that it may not feature an electronic first-curtain shutter, which could be a serious issue (shuttershock!). Theoretically such a nice cam - but Pana may have blown it (again).
 

A 16:9 EVF for a 4:3 camera is just plain stupid.

I don't understand why Panny keeps making such non-sense decisions.

Why on earth did they not use the same very good EVF as the one in the G7?

--Florent

Flickr gallery
#7
One of the best but unheralded features of the GX-7 was the amazing 1/320s X-Sync.  GX-80 is step back (stop back?) mediocre 1/160s.

#8
Quote:The EVF seems to be identical to the GX7 - folks at dpreview do not like it all. Any GX7 users here dare to comment? Klaus?

The first notes by dpreview indicate that it may not feature an electronic first-curtain shutter, which could be a serious issue (shuttershock!). Theoretically such a nice cam - but Pana may have blown it (again).
 

It does feature an electronic shutter (up to 1/16000sec),

 

Viewfinder - I never had a GX7. I did like the GH viewfinders though.

(and I am not a fan of the E-M5 II viewfinder)
#9
Quote:It does feature an electronic shutter (up to 1/16000sec),

 

Viewfinder - I never had a GX7. I did like the GH viewfinders though.

(and I am not a fan of the E-M5 II viewfinder)
 

Why are you not a fan of the E-M5 II VF if I may ask?

 

3 different ways to view stuff, option to make it show the environment as an optical view finder would (i.e, bright in bright conditions, dark in dark conditions), and a bunch of other options.

 

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 1 zoom, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, extension tubes, an accessory plague, and an Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II and Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ...
  


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)