Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photozone for free?
My two cents Big Grin :

I would pay monthly 1 or 2 Euro if the Nikon-Section would be updated more frequently with reviews of Nikkor and Sigma lenses. A little bonus i would be willing to pay for reviews of older lenses on modern bodies. For example 18mm 2.8 AF-D, 50mm 1.2, Micro-Nikkor 55mm 2.8 etc..

Kind regards

Steven

I would gladly pay $20 or 20 euros / year for the site as it is.

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Me too. And I would prefer to pay annually, not each month.
Would a higher fee translate into more tests? What price level would yield more test? ie does £1 a month equate to ticking over pretty much as it is, £5 for twice as many tests etc (£1 = 1.4 euro)

Deleted
Beside the way of payments

Quote:I pay for what i use...
i would agree to pay per view or per download but i prefer to pay for a flat rate annually or monthly.

i would make contribution on a voluntary non contractual basis, as a person who has absolutely no income....

Since the discussion started in a different thread (with the use of ad-blockers as a main topic)

I would like to comment on that first.

After I had to clean an accurately patched windows 7 twice from viruses

within one year, i do not surf without ad-blocker anymore. A website that 

finances itself from ads shall do so by including the ads into its own

URL-space (with that no ad-blocker would block them ... and with that

it is unlikely a site becomes distributor of viruses). If you are just including

a reference to some ad-junkyard, you have no control at all what you are

delivering to your reader. Using an ad-blocker to read such a site is pure

selfdefence.

So, if PZ hides its content so that ad-blockers will not see it, then 

I will resign from PZ.

I might contribute a monthly or annual amount to a site if I feel it

has some kind of value to me, but I would question myself to check

this value occasionally ... so eventually I would resign after the first

period of paid membership (rather than just shutting up for a while).

Just my 2cts ... Rainer

$20 per year seems to be a good number.

I doubt that many would pay any pay wall fee. Pay walls always fail, they drive away the audience. I bet that almost no one who has said here they would pay this or that is paying for any other website with a pay wall. And even if half of the regulars actually would pay some fee, that is just the regulars who feel some kind of bond with PZ. That then will come to what? 100$ per year? Wow.

A solution must come from making the content attract more readers, and from the ad companies themselves (they need to regulate themselves better, be less intrusive and annoying to people on the internet. Problem probably is that the worst ad providers could not care less... but they are the ones who force users into using ad blockers. I do not use one, by the way).