Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tips and advice retaking the same picture after 11 years
No luck today, too much haze, the snow itself wasn't visible, no pictures taken, better luck in the weekend. Hope the dusty hot air we have won't lead to important snow melting and I end up with a mountain with patches of snow.
No luck with the weather Today neither.... When will all this dust cleat up ?
I did it Big Grin

Hope the result is worth the effort.

First time it was overcast however it gave me a general idea about which filters to use, exposure settings and most important ideal timing of the day.

Next time everything was nice, many people were curious what was I doing behind tripod and camera for two hours taking the same pictures, again and again swapping cameras and lenses.

Back home I checked the raw files and noted that composition can be improved by moving slightly the viewpoint two meters to get better alignment of the rocks, 24-105 had issues with flare and I had to shade it from street lights.

Went there the third time everything worked as planned. Back home I was ecstatic checking the RAW files, now I have to post process the pictures and choose a winner.

That's what makes this hobby so beautiful, even if many won't like the results and others will. I am so happy I did it. Will post the final result here.

Sometimes you are very happy with a lucky shot. However when you prepare and much efforts the result is much more rewarding.

Only drawback we are in April and most of the snow has melted nonetheless the scenery is always great might retake it in winter Smile