Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR
Quote:Hmmm, let's see if your prediction might happen. I'm a little bit more careful about IBIS: The two Pentax I once had (K-m and K-x) both had that feature and I always suspected this the reason why some lenses were not sharp wide open. One of them was the Tamron 17-50/2.8, even after I sent it in with the body. My explanation was like "if the sensor can move, how's the position defined without IBIS?" Since I know about the field curvature of that lens, I'm not that sure about this theory but after all, who guarantees the correct position if switched OFF?

However I found a demonstration from the Olympus sensor shift pretty convincing,

I'm afraid that we can already see what will happen - the combination of IBIS and ILIS.

But with IBIS in place there's at least less pressure on the manufacturers to use ILIS.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR - by davidmanze - 02-08-2016, 04:02 PM
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR - by Klaus - 02-08-2016, 10:59 PM
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR - by davidmanze - 02-09-2016, 07:16 AM