Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR
IBIS will become (more) interesting with more EVF-cameras. OVF benefit of ILIS very much, but for mirrorless cameras it would be much more adequate to move the sensor - or make the sensor bigger and do the IS electronically which I prefer somehow. No moving parts = no wearing parts. And somehow I'm not convinced if a 5- or 6-axis movement is necessary as well as if the sensors are sensitive enough and the motors reactive enough to do the effect completely.

Although reduced vibration is still better than full vibration. Just not as good as no vibration at all. IBIS can also be the better system because bodies are changed more often than lenses, so a fresh system with the latest tech plays against some elder lens models / modules. A bit of that effect I saw when comparing the VR of Nikkors to the OS of Sigmas with maybe 3 years technology difference between.

Quote: 

Under-designed lenses maximize the profits for the manufacturers but they just don't deliver the value to the customers that is suggested by the high price.

I agree, I just don't find much of these kind of lenses starting at 16 mm and performing better.

Basically that's what I meant when I ranted against downsizing: if the tolerances remain as they are for FF, and the assembly tolerances included as well, the outcome is predictable: A worse lens.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR - by davidmanze - 02-08-2016, 04:02 PM
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR - by JJ_SO - 02-09-2016, 06:14 AM
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR - by davidmanze - 02-09-2016, 07:16 AM