Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympus Lens Roadmap 2014
Quote:I don't think f/1.8 would make much sense. There is no DOF control anyway given the sensor size.

You forgot that DOF also depends on focus distance. If you focus at a  20cm distance with a 9mm MFT lens with f1.8 the DOF is only 2.5cm.
The 300 f4 will be an amazing lens and with the 1.4 converter all a wildlife photographer could dream about. I am already going to try the 40-150 2.8 on a safari and it works wonderfully with the same converter. 

Apart from that, the 75 1.8 is an outstanding lens that I wish you all will have an opportunity to try!

Go shoot!

MFT is doing really strong, so many primes and 7-14 f2.8 UWA is prolly amazing too. Maybe panny and oly could upgrade their 12-40 f2.8 and 13-35 f2.8 /correct some flaws? Big Grin

The funny ting si that actual users of these lenses are very pleased with them.

As to faster lenses: i would heartily recommend the Metabones speed adapters, used with, e.g., Canon L-primes on MFT-bodies.

Absolutely amazing! Smile

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....