Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Lomography Jupiter 3+ 50mm f/1.5 L39/M
Hi BC.....

No misunderstanding!

Whilst there does not seem to be an off the shelf solution adapter wise that gives infinity focus to the Pentax mount....... there is however a ROXSEN adapter which is 39mm Leica thread to Pentax K mount which is obviously going to be too short .....however removing the bayonet on one of the adapters would give ....Leica thread to flat flange......with an appropriate spacer the second adapter could be screwed to the first creating the appropriate 16.6mm overall distance......the adapters are only £4.90 each......from UK

A friend from my aircraft model club has a decent lathe...........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Macro-Leica-M3...1667938993

It is a pity that there doesn't seem to be an off the peg adapter.......for just about every other mount there is something.....Pentax is a bad choice for adapting lenses......

minus 16.6mm?  :unsure:

Oh shit!!  Got it the wrong way round........Oh well I'll just forget the whole project then!  Derr....

Thanks for the info BC!

You know, my homeland is renowned for many things, but consumer optics was never one of them. Therefore, I can't help but facepalm when someone is trying to peddle the remnants of past attempts to copy a better product (in this case a pre-war German lens) as something unique, exotic or even desirable... at inflated prices. This is not an isolated case, of course, nor it is really exclusive to Soviet stuff - we all remember the "Petzval lenses" (with the 85mm and one other) selling for more than the consumer Canon / Nikon stuff of the same focal length that provided vastly superior performance. Or the deplorable Meyer-Optik 100mm f/2.8 (that later became a 95mm f/2.6... they even stole 5mm of the focal length and some of the aperture number! Big Grin) that the producer priced at $1600.

P.S. Haha - the link at the top is a 404 now. Big Grin Maybe they came to their senses and desisted.

P.P.S. Just to make it clear - I can understand the desire to go all lo-fi and dreamy (sometimes I feel that urge as well), but there's a ton of ways to do this cheaply - over here, the second-hand shops are chock full of ancient lens fare - and it pains to see that someone is asking hefty money for the replicas of stuff that really should be gotten for peanuts and only serve as a toy.

I have the utmost respect for companies that make new and groundbreaking stuff - even if it's manual focus and therefore I'll never be in the target group (Samyang, Mitakon...) But this is another matter altogether.

I'd say that Lomography lenses are primarily targeting the hipster-, retro- and art community.

These folks are willing to pay a little more for something special ... and special it is by today's standards.

The fact that it isn't state of the art is a different question.

Quote:I'd say that Lomography lenses are primarily targeting the hipster-, retro- and art community.

These folks are willing to pay a little more for something special ... and special it is by today's standards.

The fact that it isn't state of the art is a different question.
Well, perhaps I should abstain, then. Actually, I can even sympathize with the "if the fool has money, better that he gives it to you - you'll find a much better use for it!" train of thought that these producers apparently espouse. Smile