Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next lens review: Nikon AF-S 24mm f/1.8 G ED (FX)
@JoJu: the price for the Sigma and the Nikkor were roughly the same when I looked them up last week. However, with "level of sharpness" I was referring to the complete picture, not a single point or aperture setting.

In terms of AF: close focus with wide angles is always a little guess work, it seems, but that's a general issue of PDAF and not the flaw of a given lens. However, I have owned and used the Nikon 24/1.8 for almost a year now and haven't had any real issues in terms of AF. When precision is required, there's always your way of using LV, or my way of using the viewfinder and do a little bit of focus bracketing (if the subject allows).

Fully with you on your conclusion: most of the Nikkor f/1.8 primes compete with Sigma Art primes, and in the end it comes down to whether one needs the extra speed and maybe better build of the Sigma or prefers the lower weight of the Nikons.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
Next lens review: Nikon AF-S 24mm f/1.8 G ED (FX) - by davidmanze - 11-24-2017, 11:09 AM
Next lens review: Nikon AF-S 24mm f/1.8 G ED (FX) - by mst - 11-24-2017, 11:28 AM