Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon D5 "official" specs leaked
don't need to yell, dear dave.

A photographer freezing his nose off has more to do with the quality of those pics than this black thing! 

Or both together, don't know. I couldn't do them, even if I had the same stuff at hand. 

^_^

The really high ISO shots look really bad, so that crazy high ISO 3000000 setting is just for bragging rights. Nice lenses that guy uses, I am jealous.

Quote:A photographer freezing his nose off has more to do with the quality of those pics than this black thing! 

Or both together, don't know. I couldn't do them, even if I had the same stuff at hand. 

^_^

I like the bit where the guy says that his D4s died as a result being pushed too hard. But as hard as he tried the D5 refused to die.

This is one thing that Nikon does not boast about. That is, part of the reason(s) why Nikon can and does command a premium over other like cameras.

As a side note, I made this post on a Macbook 12. I am trying to see how it is to do post processing on these things. Anyone with much experience with Photoshop/Lightroom on laptops?

I'm finding it a bit of a pain.
Both apps are hungry for RAM. Less than say 8 GB will make it a pain.

Thanks Jo.

Actually, I was thinking more about the “user experience“. My backside and neck are already complaining. Not to mention the strain on my eyesight. I have two 24" monitors on my desktop but I don't like that feeling of being chained in a corner.

But yes, agree that 8GB RAM is a minimum.

Well, I'm no fan of laptops for photo-editing in general. I reckon, a MBPro with retina display could be better, but still... no color calibration, glossy screens and lousy ergonomics. I can imagine what you're going through. And I like my corner...