Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next lens review: Tamron SP 35mm f/1.8 Di USD VC (DX)
Finally Smile It's been quite a while that I announced a new DX review, here... way too long actually.

Let's re-start the DX section with the Tamron 35 VC, which in terms of bokeh (one of its weaknesses on FX) looks much better on DX:

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon--nikk...n35f18vcdx

More DX reviews to come... and I promise you don't have to wait for the next one that long again Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

Strange the improvement in terms of onion bokeh.........

but man does it do worse on bokeh fringing.......is it me or is it unacceptable?
I can only assume that the onion rings get worse with distance from the image center. On DX, the section where we look at background highlights is much closer to the center than on FX.

Regarding bokeh fringing: there shouldn't be any noticeable difference, at least not in the review shots... because: I simply reused the FX ones Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:... because: I simply reused the FX ones Wink

:lol:

That was not very equivalent...  ^_^
Quote:I can only assume that the onion rings get worse with distance from the image center. On DX, the section where we look at background highlights is much closer to the center than on FX.

Regarding bokeh fringing: there shouldn't be any noticeable difference, at least not in the review shots... because: I simply reused the FX ones Wink
 Ok for the onion ring bokeh explanation.

"Not OK" for the bokeh fringing examples........"the FX review shot is a different shot from the DX" !!...... Queen image (and the other one)...........either that or you have been doodling over them with a purple and green felt tip! 

Also I can't find the FX review in the Nikon FX section.

But it's there, dave: http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon_ff/10...n35f18vcfx

Did you check opticallimits?

Quote:"Not OK" for the bokeh fringing examples........"the FX review shot is a different shot from the DX" !!...... Queen image (and the other one)...........either that or you have been doodling over them with a purple and green felt tip!
Ah, ok, we're talking about different shots, then. I thought you were referring to the ruler shots in the Bokeh fringing section.

The Bokeh shots are of course done with each camera.

Quote: Also I can't find the FX review in the Nikon FX section.
Sorry, the "All reviews" page and the pages for individual sections are out of sync. The overview page of all reviews once became that big that it couldn't be edited anymore. I'll update the overview page later tonight.

Meanwhile, just go to the page listing all Nikon FX reviews. Or see the corresponding thread here in the forum.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:But it's there, dave: http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon_ff/10...n35f18vcfx

Did you check opticallimits?
 It is now!
there is a typo in the verdict: " extreme corners are a bit sot
wide open, " Smile

The things that happen while the (semi-)regular proofreader took a hike. Smile