Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeiss Loxia 25mm f/2.4 coming
https://photorumors.com/2018/01/20/first...-2-4-lens/

No AF, no thank you...

--Florent

Flickr gallery
I guess some people are really into these Loxia.

I have the Loxia 21 & 50.

The 50 is good. The 21 is fantastic. AF is not always necessary depending on your shooting style
At 25mm, like with the 85mm FL, they are competing with themselves - or, to be precise, the Batis lenses. For me the Batis would've been a no-brainer. Smile

Well, this one seems much smaller and probably a bit lighter as well. I like my Batis 25/2 a lot but this is still pretty attractive.

I'd say that using viewfinder magnification you can easily focus a 25mm f/2.4 in no time - especially given the fact that you got an automatic aperture here. So if I had to choose between the Loxia and the Batis I could well imagine to go for the Loxia in this case.
Confused. Why would you prefer the Loxia over the Batis - focal length preference or you prefer manual focus over auto focus (which can be done with the Batis); or is this a comment on optical quality  ?

Oh you mean physical size.

Quote:I'd say that using viewfinder magnification you can easily focus a 25mm f/2.4 in no time - especially given the fact that you got an automatic aperture here. So if I had to choose between the Loxia and the Batis I could well imagine to go for the Loxia in this case.
Quote:I'd say that using viewfinder magnification you can easily focus a 25mm f/2.4 in no time - especially given the fact that you got an automatic aperture here. So if I had to choose between the Loxia and the Batis I could well imagine to go for the Loxia in this case.

Wait, what automatic aperture?
Quote:Wait, what automatic aperture?

The Loxias are fully coupled, aren't they? They just don't have AF.