Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lenstip reviews the Sigma 135mm F1.8 record breaking results!
I believe, this is the straight link to the test of that lens. There will be newer tests following and in a couple of months one needs to scroll a lot.

I really wonder why Sigma didn't put some tripod collar into the package. But then, the Nikon 14-24 has also none and so far all mounts remained in place.

Compared to the 35/1.4 I'm a bit surprised the brick is not brickier.  Huh Meaning, I was expecting worse.

Edit:
Quote:Sample shots outside were a bit a different story as I used side points of autofocus quite often. I didn’t notice any big mistakes but, with a shallow depth of field by f/1.8-2.0, even a small slip-up might be annoying.

That might be the most weakness of this lens on a DSLR - the tolerances of the AF modules of the cameras. A slight misalignment and the outer focus points will produce soft pictures wide open due to AF inaccuracy. Shooting LiveView? Good luck - the time until LV switches to recording so many things can happen...

Messages In This Thread
Lenstip reviews the Sigma 135mm F1.8 record breaking results! - by JJ_SO - 04-16-2017, 09:40 AM