Opticallimits

Full Version: Nikon Z launched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

davidmanze

It's "hyper early days" in terms of evaluation of both the cameras.............lots of good news....

.........like a 3.6 Mps viewfinder and large magnification........and a 3.6 Mps touch screen........5 axis stabilisation......very nice!

however, there are still niggles..............only one XQD card slot ........and nothing else?????.......existing battery (only slightly different)......................no eye detect?????........

.......and a pitiful range of lenses and show no signs of producing F1.4 glass and that's going up till 2020.

....but the adapter is fairly priced at $249 or $149 when purchased with the camera...............and it will be the staple diet of most initial users........and it will have to be!

One hopes that the very first pair of cameras sold will be bought by Tamron/Sigma............so they can "get on the case" to produced their lens ranges in the Zeeeee mount...............

...................... a golden opportunity for Tamron/Sigma to clean up here!.....

....this is going to be a long slow war between Nikon and Sony!
This is one of the posts, dave, where you spread an amount of misinformation equal to the amount of dots you use. Big Grin get yourself informed. Didn't you watch the launch event at 4 a.m? Smile How could you...

If that dots symbolize a thoughtful dave, you just need to press the . key longer...

Eyedetection is on board. Edit: No, it's face detection - sorry, dave, that one's on me.

3 genuine + 360 legacy F-lenses are enough for a start.

The road map shows about 8 genuinely new lenses during the next two years.

A vertical grip will also come and the XQD slot is rumored to be exchangeable to XQD, CF or 2× SD.

Next to it: When did YOU ever needed two cards? I know the reasons for double slots, but honestly, I used them only during the time no decent RAW conevrter supported Fuji compressed RAW. And I don't think, the decent RAW converters will need that much time to catch up with the Nikon Z file formats

miro

I like this one
https://1.img-dpreview.com/files/p/artic...pt-01.jpeg
it looks like this
https://toonclips.com/600/cartoon-shaky-...-10244.jpg
I AM Nikon, I hope that with Canon we can
I'm totally uninterested from a practical point of view, being fine with Sony. I'm just curious, also about whether my opinion that Nikon is getting out of sync with the mirrorless world is true or not. Well, it's also 50% true, since Nikon 1 was a failure. Now let's see the second attempt.

The most interesting thing, IMO, is the price tag; plus they are not small and retain the classic shape (no humpless models announced), and in the first bunch of lenses there is a highly technical one at ƒ/0.95 (full format). They are clearly giving up with the prosumer segment and only aim at the pro segment.
They ARE small regarding body thickness. It is nice to see that they are NOT small regarding ergonomics. They retain the "classic shape" (may I point out that humpless is more "classic") just like Sony does.
How are they giving up with <sic> the prosumer segment? The prosumer segment is buying D750, D500 and D80 cameras. The lenses introduced are not exactly "pro segment" either. Clearly classical Nikon "prosumer/pro"....
Sony also produces smaller bodies, such as the a6000/6300/6500. Those in the price tag of 1000€+ are prosumer, because I don't see casual shooters spending one buck on a camera. We can argue on whether we can talk about lower/upper prosumer segments (like "prosumer/pro"), and it would be ok, but names apart cameras in the 2500€+ segment are not in the same segment as those around 1000€. I don't see people wanting an a6500 or similarly priced m43 or Fuji considering a Z6 or Z7. I'd say Nikon is basically trying to prevent their current customers from being tempted to drop off the wagon.
(08-23-2018, 07:28 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of the posts, dave, where you spread an amount of misinformation equal to the amount of dots you use. Big Grin  get yourself informed. Didn't you watch the launch event at 4 a.m? Smile How could you...

If that dots symbolize a thoughtful dave, you just need to press the . key longer...

Eyedetection is on board. Edit: No, it's face detection - sorry, dave, that one's on me.

3 genuine + 360 legacy F-lenses are enough for a start.

The road map shows about 8 genuinely new lenses during the next two years.

A vertical grip will also come and the XQD slot is rumored to be exchangeable to XQD, CF or 2× SD.

Next to it: When did YOU ever needed two cards? I know the reasons for double slots, but honestly, I used them only during the time no decent RAW conevrter supported Fuji compressed RAW. And I don't think, the decent RAW converters will need that much time to catch up with the Nikon Z file formats

Gee those lenses (on the camera) look huge. Even the camera looks to be a monster compared to something like the a7
(08-23-2018, 02:37 PM)stoppingdown Wrote: [ -> ]Sony also produces smaller bodies, such as the a6000/6300/6500. Those in the price tag of 1000€+ are prosumer, because I don't see casual shooters spending one buck on a camera. We can argue on whether we can talk about lower/upper prosumer segments (like "prosumer/pro"), and it would be ok, but names apart cameras in the 2500€+ segment are not in the same segment as those around 1000€. I don't see people wanting an a6500 or similarly priced m43 or Fuji considering a Z6 or Z7. I'd say Nikon is basically trying to prevent their current customers from being tempted to drop off the wagon.

Sony is not producing smaller mirrorless FF bodies than the A7 line.
The A6000 series is consumer range, the prosumer range is the A7 series. That you as prosumer use the consumer range does not change things (nor does it matter much).
There are also real pros within their segment who use consumer range cameras.
The problem with the adapter is the "box" at the bottom (that probably contains the electronics or whatever). Sony had a similar design.
For long tele lenses that may not be relevant but for smaller setups (thus for the majority of use cases), this is downright disturbing to handle.
If it was just an "extension tube" (no, BC, not in terms of focus), it would have been Ok but this is a no-go in my book.
But ... we are all different ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20