Opticallimits

Full Version: Next OL lens test report - Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cool "little" lens.
The exterior pics almost look like it should be extending "a bit more". Smile

ZOMG @ the pincushion distortion though.
I finally own a lens that is highly recommended by PZ Smile
(02-19-2021, 08:30 PM)borisbg Wrote: [ -> ]I finally own a lens that is highly recommended by PZ Smile
Smile
You made me start counting ....
FF:
6 Canon EOS EF lenses, 2 Canon EOS RF lenses

MFT:
4 Olympus M. Zuikos, 2 Panasonic Lumix lenses and 1 Panasonic Leica lens

I am sure I have a couple more which, if tested would also get the HR treatment.

I feel rather spoilt right now ...

Kind regards, Wim
Yes you are! A whole warehouse with HR glass...
Multi coated...
If you have pix taken with your new setup please share. I remember you used to do that here and there.
Playing along, I checked mine, and there are several highly recommended as well: 2x Oly, 1x Sigma, 2x Pana / Pana Leica. Some are same lenses, probably. Suddenly I feel spoilt too. ;-)

Klaus, back to the Tamron and sports use case: how annoying would be AF micro adjustments mentioned in the text? Not present at 2,8 in continuos AF mode or just less noticable?
I have one: the Tamron 85/1.8. I almost thought the 16-35/4 IS also falls under this category, but no. Smile
(02-20-2021, 01:07 AM)borisbg Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you are! A whole warehouse with HR glass...
Multi coated...
If you have pix taken with your new setup please share. I remember you used to do that here and there.
I know, I know ....
My photography web site had to be migrated to a new server several years ago, and there were more important things to be rebuilt first, plus work, so I find I am spending more time on buying and replacing stuff than actual photography of late, as in, the last few years. And the pandemic doesn't help either, especially being a member of a high risk group ....

Currntly I spend most, nay, all of my time on rebuilding my main web site with all of its add-ons after a major databse conversion and upgrade, where effectively none of the old add-ons are compatible with, and many no longer available. That has been going on since early Novemebr, and will last easily another 3 to 3 1/2 months before all is done.

Maybe I'll take up photography more intensely thereafter ...

My EOS R I bought because I had already sold my 5D II in 2018, and my daughter wanted me to do her wedding photograpy inAugust 2019, otherwise I would have waited a little longer still (waiting for the R5 essentially). OTOH, I still got a fair trade for my EF lenses I used for getting into RF lenses Smile.

Kind regards, Wim