Opticallimits

Full Version: Finally: D500 announced (and D5 really official)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
20.9mp, 10fps, same 153 point AF layout as D5, 4k video, ISO range 100-51200, expandable to 50-1640000 , around $2000.

Finally a D300(s) follow up! A good day for Nikon ASP-C shooters.

Just 20mp. Thanks for not pushing that megapixel race, Nikon.

"Finally a D300(s) follow up!"

No kidding Big Grin

They took their time about it! Should keep DX shooters happy, and Canon 7D series users like me wondering just how well those million AF points work...
D5 4k: 3 minutes recording time. Hmm. Heat issues much?

Quote:20.9mp, 10fps, same 153 point AF layout as D5, 4k video, ISO range 100-51200, expandable to 50-1640000 , around $2000.

Finally a D300(s) follow up! A good day for Nikon ASP-C shooters.

I am surprised they released this.  I assumed a more serious Nikon offer in APS-C than the D7200 wouldn't come.  Will be interesting to see how well it sells - whether there is still demand for an APS-C Nikon in that price range.
The 7D mkII sells well, so I bet there is also a market for the D500.

Nice feature: AF micro adjustment automatically with LiveView, just what I wished. Two years ago or so... ISO up to 1.640.000 and a huge covering of focus points. 200 raw shows at 10 f/s, tiltable touchscreen, nice. Bird shooters will order their copy soon. Sports photographers as well.

Only two years too late...

Is there an image of the AF point spread? Found it, http://chsvimg.nikon.com/lineup/microsit...digest.pdf

Impressive horizontal coverage, lacking vertical. Sounds a bit counter-intuitive to me if you think about it from an image circle view. Something to do with the rectangular mirror box area cropping the top and bottom?
Yeah, it looks strange to me, too.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7