•  Previous
  • 10(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax K-3 III details
(04-01-2021, 11:30 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: I do not get that eye detect thing much, either. Yay what fun, let the camera do everything after you press the button (to instruct the camera to do its thing to take a picture).

Took along my Tamron SP 500mm f8 (manual focus mirror lens from the 1980's) while walking the dog this morning. Had to detect the eye all by myself. Oh dear. What is next? I'll have to make horizons level all by myself too?

MLCs have eye detect to compensate for not being able to find the eyes through the EVF   ....... every shot is a wonderful surprise ........ Smile
(04-01-2021, 11:51 AM)thxbb12 Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 11:30 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: I do not get that eye detect thing much, either. Yay what fun, let the camera do everything after you press the button (to instruct the camera to do its thing to take a picture).

Took along my Tamron SP 500mm f8 (manual focus mirror lens from the 1980's) while walking the dog this morning. Had to detect the eye all by myself. Oh dear. What is next? I'll have to make horizons level all by myself too?

Your eye detection algorithm is pretty good, even better than Sony's [Image: biggrin.png]

(04-01-2021, 04:11 PM)davidmanze Wrote:  
MLCs have eye detect to compensate for not being able to find the eyes through the EVF   ....... every shot is a wonderful surprise ........ Smile

Can't decide which reply is funnier  Big Grin

Of course, I did not take a walk with that 500mm f8 to take portraits of the dog, in case anyone was wondering about that. And I should have taken the Tokina 500mm f8 instead, it would make more sense in this Pentax thread...
(04-02-2021, 08:30 AM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 11:51 AM)thxbb12 Wrote:

Your eye detection algorithm is pretty good, even better than Sony's [Image: biggrin.png]

(04-01-2021, 04:11 PM)davidmanze Wrote:  

Can't decide which reply is funnier  Big Grin

Of course, I did not take a walk with that 500mm f8 to take portraits of the dog, in case anyone was wondering about that. And I should have taken the Tokina 500mm f8 instead, it would make more sense in this Pentax thread...

I thought that was the most doughnut free background I'd ever seen from a mirror lens ......... !!!
The review in dpreview is quite positive. Looks like a good camera that keeps the K-mount alive for the next years.
Ok, 2k € is a bit too much. Maybe this leaves room for a cheaper and simpler model below the K3.
For me this moves the decision to switch to mirrorless to the right.
(05-11-2021, 08:10 PM)uhoffmann Wrote: The review in dpreview is quite positive. Looks like a good camera that keeps the K-mount alive for the next years.
Ok, 2k € is a bit too much. Maybe this leaves room for a cheaper and simpler model below the K3.

Well as always these bodies are designed for people who are 'locked' into the system via lenses and accessories already owned. Naturally for a new consumer I think it would be a mistake to buy this camera no matter the quality. So if you do not already have an investment in lenses and such then yes one of the newer solutions is probably a better option.
(05-13-2021, 07:25 AM)you2 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:10 PM)uhoffmann Wrote: The review in dpreview is quite positive. Looks like a good camera that keeps the K-mount alive for the next years.

Well as always these bodies are designed for people who are 'locked' into the system via lenses and accessories already owned. Naturally for a new consumer I think it would be a mistake to buy this camera no matter the quality. So if you do not already have an investment in lenses and such then yes one of the newer solutions is probably a better option.

If the price is what is needed to keep Pentax alive then it seems little point in charging less .........
  Low noise ........ fast AF and 11-12 Fps etc ....... Achilles heal is the buffer at 25 frames ...... 
  ....... all in all very good ....... what Pentax should have done in the DSLR's heyday ......
The buffer is not 25 frames, not usually. It should be ~32 frames for RAW.
Did he had crop mode activated? There's a video which measured 35 frames for RAW and 25 for RAW with 1.3x crop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bqcz7Bu4gc
(05-13-2021, 08:55 PM)Kunzite Wrote: The buffer is not 25 frames, not usually. It should be ~32 frames for RAW.
Did he had crop mode activated? There's a video which measured 35 frames for RAW and 25 for RAW with 1.3x crop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bqcz7Bu4gc

Dpreview quoted 25 frames and I doubt they were testing it using crop mode ........ however in this video he was shooting into a single card slot ........ maybe that gives the extra frames ....... 32 frames is certainly a lot better !!
In the video there were actually 35 frames.
(05-14-2021, 10:04 PM)Kunzite Wrote: In the video there were actually 35 frames.

You're in the domain Alex ....... put out a question to those who own the camera to see whether the 35 shot buffer comes from using only one card slot ....... I'm sure everybody would be delighted at finding they can have an extra 10 shots that they didn't know about .....

........ . it would make a lot of Pentax "birdsters/sportsters" very happy !!......

•  Previous
  • 10(current)