Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 50mm f/2 R WR
Quote:Hmm, seems I've been shooting with wide angles too much recently Wink ok, let me think about rephrasing that section, so it doesn't sound too enthusiastic, I see the double lines you mentioned. However, won't happen before tomorrow, have some night life to enjoy in Prague right now, but plan to publish another review tomorrow (a boring FX review) on the train home.

It doesn't necessarily mean the bokeh is bad actually. The Canon 85L, I and II, is regarded to be a bokeh monster. That could very well be the same case in real life shoots with this lens, depending on how far fore- and background are separated.

Personally, for my own images, I tend to do a very large amount of PP, to achieve the exact effect I want to achieve. In that case you'll notice these "double lines" Essentially they are like sharp delineated halos around a subject when heavily pushed, which is why I personally do not like them. And it takes very careful processing, IME, to make these as invisible as possible.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 50mm f/2 R WR - by wim - 09-14-2017, 08:38 PM