Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant
Quote:For the time being it's a little bit immature but without doubt it is coming

Coming, it's coming. I doubt it's useful for me. For instance: one of the first application of advanced techniques (not really AI, but on that road) has been in the light meter: they used a self-learning software taught with a high number of test case photos, provided with the correct exposure. This kind of system is capable, with a very good ratio, to apply the correct exposure even to scenarios not previously seen. It's fundamental for people shooting in JPG. For me, in RAW, is totally useless. I'm 99% exposing to the right, and then I decide the "correct" exposure in post-processing. In this scenario the only usefulness of a sophisticated light meter is to reduce the amount of over-exposure I have to dial to align the histogram to the right. Well, completely negligible. If they provided my cameras with a "brute force" light-meter that exposes to the right by "trial and error", I mean with a coarse guess at the beginning, then it measures the brightest spot and applies a fix (which I think it's completely doable with the CPU power on modern camera bodies), I'd be completely happy.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-28-2017, 09:44 AM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-28-2017, 10:33 AM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-28-2017, 12:01 PM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by stoppingdown - 05-29-2017, 09:49 AM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-29-2017, 09:52 AM