Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding the release of the ZX1 (and the Ricoh GR, Panasonic LX100II)
(09-28-2018, 03:08 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: Wim, you see it only from the side "I need more than one lens".

The restriction of the ZX-1 cannot be a lock-in: One can, if needed, get whatever camera you like to add a bigger bandwidth. But see it from the side of a limited system (like the passed away Nikon 1) then you're really locked into this system. The Pentax MF with restricted FL-range, or earlier some 110 format filmcameras with two or three lenses at max. There were other systems with even less lenses, but a single body with fixed lens is limiting your freedom to change lenses - but not your freedom to go totally lightweight and simple. I never felt locked in when I decided to only take my G11 with me, or these days the P7800 as a "always with me" type of camera. I know I can't do certain shots with it, but I also enjoy the simplicity.
Actually, the Pen-F feels lighter than the G10, and I carry it at all times, like i did with the G10, with a standard zoom lens. The combo is almost the same size, just a teensy bit larger, but since it easily fits in the same man-purse as the G10, that is not a worry either. And the nice thing is that I can easily add 1 or 2 lenses to the same bag without really taking up space of the other stuff I also carry with it, wallet, pens, keys, etc., and the smaller MFT lenses are very light as well. So, that's totally lightweight, and I am sure this setup weighs less than the ZX1 too Smile.

In short, I can do all the shots with it I want, when I want it, if I want it, and can still choose deliberately not to if I want, which is something you cannot do with the Zeiss, because it is so darn limiting Smile.

Hence, to me a ZX1 would be extremely restrictive. More weight, nothing interchangeable, relatively big - personally I do not care and would never buy it myself.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regarding the release of the ZX1 (and the Ricoh GR, Panasonic LX100II) - by wim - 09-28-2018, 09:58 PM