Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next OL lens test report: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L
They (the all knowing internet) says that the Canon EOS R has the best EVF of the lot. The issues I have with EVFs are:
- An OVF gives a 3D feel, an EVF a 2D computer screen feel.
- With an OVF I get to imagine/explore the scene in a creative way, guessing what effects/the end result will be regarding what happens in bokeh. With an EVF/live view LCD, that part of my creative input is lost to the "computer screen".
- I have not met an EVF yet that does not give me a noticable lag and a flicker. I have always been quite sensitive to flicker of screens.

The last point may be gone with an EOS R or even a Nikon Z, but the 1st two will remain.

Of course, there are photos where live view/EVF is not hampering me, but for the other types of photos I do prefer OVF.
Here a live view image I took on the weekend with my EOS M:

.jpg   lighttraces2a.jpg (Size: 361.25 KB / Downloads: 14)

Messages In This Thread
RE: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L - by Brightcolours - 12-04-2018, 12:06 PM
RE: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L - by davidmanze - 12-05-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L - by davidmanze - 12-05-2018, 10:56 AM
RE: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L - by davidmanze - 12-05-2018, 12:30 PM