The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony internal battery?
Hello all,

I came across some posts (somewhere else) which claimed that in Sony cameras (mirrorless?) contain fix soldered backup batteries in the bodies; backup batteries to maintain some settings when the normal battery is empty, or removed. If the backup battery is dead, the camera won't work anymore.

I could imagine that this was  the case maybe in older models. I had a Psion once that had a replaceable small battery that maintained memory when the main batteries were empty and needed changing. 
Also, some older Apple Laptops died, i.e. wouldn't boot anymore even when connected to power, probably because some internal battery for the PRAM was dead. 

Anyway, back to the Sony cameras. I googled this, but couldn't find any info. Anybody knows anything about this, or is it fake news? Is it true that Sony cameras contain (or some models did contain) such backup batteries that, when dead, turn the camera into a brick?

Messages In This Thread
Sony internal battery? - by photonius - 05-13-2019, 10:45 AM
RE: Sony internal battery? - by JJ_SO - 05-13-2019, 11:44 AM
RE: Sony internal battery? - by Luny Tune - 05-13-2019, 02:23 PM
RE: Sony internal battery? - by photonius - 05-13-2019, 09:37 PM
RE: Sony internal battery? - by miro - 05-14-2019, 11:54 AM