Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japan Impressions ...
... just in case you are interested:
https://photozone.smugmug.com/Japan-Impressions/

All shot with the E-5 II w/ 12-100mm f/4 PRO
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Oh, Klaus... I wish I could buy you a beer (or, as the situation calls for, a jug of sake).
Nice, very tempting...
So you did spend time in Kyoto. I highly recommend if you go back to try late November as there is quite a bit more color.
(06-11-2018, 08:27 AM)you2 Wrote: So you did spend time in Kyoto. I highly recommend if you go back to try late November as there is quite a bit more color.

Kyoto is awesome ... BUT ... super crowded. I read that the tourist numbers doubled in the last 3 years in JP.
It was so different compared to 2012 when I visited Kyoto the first time. Same goes for Koyasan.

Thus the next time we'll either go to JP for skiing (this is popular from Oz) or go for the lesser known destinations.
You may have seen the castle of Himeji in the album - that was almost empty in terms of crowds (other than school classes).
Interestingly there were only a handful of Westerners plus very few locals on the trekking trip. Seems as if this is still an alien concept for people from emerging countries.

Beautiful pictures.
Last time I remember you've posted something similar was from Tibet... many years ago.
(06-11-2018, 08:49 PM)borisbg Wrote: Beautiful pictures.
Last time I remember you've posted something similar was from Tibet... many years ago.

Thanks, Boris!

You can spot pictures of pretty much all of my vacations in the lens reviews. ;-) I suppose most of these were rather faceless though - like landscape A-Z.
The trip to JP was the first of with a substantial cultural portion in a long while. And JP is awesome really.

I feel you have put a bit more love into JP pictures, they convey different mood, than the one from bay of Sydney for example.
Cheers!
(06-12-2018, 04:49 AM)borisbg Wrote: I feel you have put a bit more love into JP pictures, they convey different mood, than the one from bay of Sydney for example.
Cheers!

Sure, once in a lifetime vs every day makes a bit of a difference ;-)

(06-12-2018, 07:34 AM)Klaus Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 04:49 AM)borisbg Wrote: I feel you have put a bit more love into JP pictures, they convey different mood, than the one from bay of Sydney for example.
Cheers!

Sure, once in a lifetime vs every day makes a bit of a difference ;-)

makes me remember our last photo party: everyday scenes...