•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax D FA* 50mm f/1.4 - development annoucement
(07-01-2018, 06:41 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: Pretty easy thing: to stay away from depressing companies... Smile

I never looked back after I sold all Pentax gear - the only lenses I kept in good memory were the 50-150/2.8 and the  10-20/3.5 from Sigma.

Nor did I,  actually at the time there was a better selection of third party lenses, I had the Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 which I chose from this site, a great lens which went to Poland, some guy picked it up for a steal.....on ebay...now Tamiga release none of the glass that Pentaxians so desperately could do with.

I have absolutely no idea what Pentax is up to and whether there ever will be a modestly complete FF lens selection before ML wipes the floor with DSLRs..........

......which it will!
Dave's clichés
(07-01-2018, 08:26 AM)davidmanze Wrote: Nor did I,  actually at the time there was a better selection of third party lenses, I had the Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 which I chose from this site, a great lens which went to Poland, some guy picked it up for a steal.....on ebay...now Tamiga release none of the glass that Pentaxians so desperately could do with.

I have absolutely no idea what Pentax is up to and whether there ever will be a modestly complete FF lens selection before ML wipes the floor with DSLRs..........

......which it will!

Yeah, it's strange. Even Sigma as the least important camera manufacturer managed to come up with two mirrorless types. I was expecting more from this small company Pentax/Ricoh, but I guess they're too busy with themselves.
And what good did it do for Sigma?
It's amazing how you can use such an insignificant player as an example. Oh, sure, there are people believing that a camera maker's only purpose is to remove prisms and mirrors from their products...
(07-02-2018, 12:09 PM)Kunzite Wrote: And what good did it do for Sigma?
It's amazing how you can use such an insignificant player as an example. Oh, sure, there are people believing that a camera maker's only purpose is to remove prisms and mirrors from their products...

Sigma admits that their cameras are not making money. But they use Foveon sensors to test their lenses at 100%, apparently to some success. And "insignificant"? Talking about Pentax or Sigma now? I reckon Pentax would be happy to reach the sales numbers of Sigma lenses with their own ones although I admittedly don't know them. And Sigma is not much better when it comes to delays for announced products.
Pentax is one of the 3 DSLR makers on the market. They're nowhere near the first 2 players, but they're competing.
Sigma, as a camera maker, is completely insignificant.
What a rubbish. Sony, PhaseOne and Hasselblad also are makers of DSLR and "competing". If "competing" means "you first need a detective to find a photo dealer (with a real shop in a real street within a radius of maybe 50, better 100km around the place where you live), then you eventually can get a Pentax body in your hands, but if you want to buy a lens for it, the next probable answer will be I have to order it first". If that's competing, my definition of it is a bit different. Pentax has to rely entirely of the diminishing crowd of die-hard Pentaxians. New customers would get a silver medal at first.

And competing on DSLR is like dancing around dinosaurs.
Sony gave up on DSLRs a while ago; and I meant small format DSLRs - but Pentax is also the one of the 4 remaining medium format DSLR makers (including Leica here).

I have such a dealer within 6km of where I live, except it has on stock about half of the lens line. YMMV.
But - we were talking about Sigma cameras here. Are you saying it's stocked everywhere? That it has a larger user base than Pentax K? What exactly are you doing with this discussion, besides hating Pentax?
(02-24-2017, 10:10 PM)Guest Wrote: The D FA lens roadmap was also updated.

First, besides this D FA*50mm f/1.4 we also have a D FA* 85mm f/1.4 - for those two lenses we know the focal length and aperture.

Then, we have:

- Large Aperture Wide-Angle Single Focus Lens (new: it's now Large Aperture)

- Ultra Wide-Angle Single Focus Lens (new: it's no longer Large Aperture)

- Fish-Eye Zoom Lens

- Telephoto Zoom Lens (new on the roadmap)

The DA Wide Zoom remains on the DA lens roadmap.

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/pro...t_Lens.pdf

- Single focus lens:  no more AF, perfect focus every time... ;-)
Except that by "single focus lens" they're referring to a "single focal length lens" i.e. a prime. But you probably knew that.
(07-02-2018, 05:41 PM)Kunzite Wrote: But - we were talking about Sigma cameras here. Are you saying it's stocked everywhere? That it has a larger user base than Pentax K? What exactly are you doing with this discussion, besides hating Pentax?

No, you are talking about Sigma cameras and their insigificance in photomarket. I was only mentioning an interesting, but super heavy 50 mm prime. And of course, it's always entertaining to see the only Pentax user in this forum defending "his" brand against everything which looks even remotely like a bit of critique. Acting like a berserk, no sense of humor at all and jumping into rampage mode at lighting speed. "Hating" Pentax? Are you insane, man? This brand IS too insignificant to activate any kind of hate. Regret or pity, yes, but hate? For what? For being late to all parties?

And about which Leica DSLR MF are you having fantasies? No, spare your time. There's no Leica MF DSLR in production and the R9 was FF

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next