Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When WIDE isn't enough - the new Laowa 9mm f/5.6
Quite crazy ... https://www.venuslens.net/product/laowa-...5-6-ff-rl/
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I gotta get me one of these. Smile
A tilt and shift adapter would do great on such a lens... however you need good border sharpness for that, sample pictures don't look promising for that, but hey it's a 9mm full frame lens, some compromises must be made
(06-30-2020, 06:57 AM)toni-a Wrote: A tilt and shift adapter would do great on such a lens... however you need good border sharpness for that, sample pictures don't look promising for that, but hey it's a 9mm full frame lens, some compromises must be made

Tilt and shift on which format? It is a "mirrorless" camera lens, so there is no room for that.

Anyway, a very cool little lens. The huge vignetting is to be expected, a lot of it will be down to the sensors itself.
A bit silly that they do not offer RF-mount (maybe they have no figured out yet how to close the aperture on Canon EF/RF?), but one can use a Leica M-mount on it anyway.
(06-30-2020, 07:17 AM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 06:57 AM)toni-a Wrote: A tilt and shift adapter would do great on such a lens... however you need good border sharpness for that, sample pictures don't look promising for that, but hey it's a 9mm full frame lens, some compromises must be made

Tilt and shift on which format? It is a "mirrorless" camera lens, so there is no room for that.

My bad didn't notice that, I thought of ana analogy with irix and tilt and shift adapter
nevertheless a tilt and shift ultrawide is a great thing