Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon Z5 announced
Quite attractive actually

https://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/mirrorless/z_5/
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
They've upped the EVF resolution to 3.6 million dot which is nice® ....

...... difficult to see that there will be any shock waves for Nikon with this camera though.
Very intersting proposition indeed.
I wonder how much worse the sensor (non BSI) is compared to the Z6's (which is BSI).
The body size is identical to the Z6. I wish they would have made it a bit shorter in height though.
The new lens kit could have been interesting if it had started at 20mm or had gone a bit further (70 or 80mm).
What bothers me with the Z lens line up is that the f1.8 lenses, although very good optically, are very long for their brightness.
When I compare my Fuji kit (2x X-T20, 14 f2.8, 23 f1.4, 23 f2, 35 f1.4, 56 f1.2) to an equivalent Z kit, I find the former much more interesting size-wise still.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(07-21-2020, 08:00 AM)davidmanze Wrote: They've upped the EVF resolution to 3.6 million dot which is nice® ....

...... difficult to see that there will be any shock waves for Nikon with this camera though.

Upped the EVF? The Z6 has the same EVF...

Differences with the Z6? 
  • No top settings check LCD. 
  • Lower res. LCD. 
  • 4.5fps instead of 12 fps max.
  • 1.7x crop 4K video
  • No 1080p 120fps slowmo
  • No 10bit external video recording option
  • 2 card slots vs 1 on the Z6
So, it looks like they gave it a cheaper to buy sensor from dunno who yet, and an older generation,  (so cheaper) processor that limits data throughput so a lower FPS and lower video performance.

I wonder what the Z6s and Z7s will bring extra.